Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
This creamy chicken pasta is definitely a crowd favourite for us. While it goes against all teachings of simple Italian cooking, it is deliciously creamy and flavourful which makes up for it!
- 400 g spaghetti
- 30 g butter
- 500 g chicken thigh, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 120 g baby spinach
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 50 g cream cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat pan to medium heat, melt the butter and brown the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Once the onion is transparent, add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Add white wine and reduce.
- Once the white wine is reduced, add chicken stock first, then the cream, cream cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken back in at this stage.
- Once everything is combined, stir in the parmesan.
- Simmer the sauce for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. You want the sauce to be thick – not watery or gluggy.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes until they are broken down and incorporated. At this stage, cook the pasta in well salted water.
- Add the spinach and allow to wilt for a few minutes.
- Serve with extra parmesan on top.