To celebrate my 21st birthday I thought that I would put together a few things that I have learnt along the way. Enjoy!
- Make big moves, even if it seems scary at the time – it might be hard to change something in your life but you’ll thank yourself later for taking the step
- Write lists and dates in diary – it’ll quieten the mind without having to think about a million things
- Sometimes it helps to write things out – when you get overwhelmed with life things, write down how you feel, it can help a lot
- Tell someone when they do something that bothers you – don’t just keep it inside or make excuses for them
- You don’t have to deal with everything yourself – this is one I struggled to learn and still struggle with. I always think that I can sort things out by myself and have learnt that it’s ok to let people know you’re struggling with something
- You can only control your own actions, let others make their own mistakes
- Be mindful of what you say – you never know what someone is going through and you might regret saying something in the heat of the moment
- Some people aren’t worth your energy, sometimes you need to walk away no matter how much you want to say something
- Accept constructive criticism – don’t take it personally, it will only help you grow
- Always be open to new experiences
- Don’t say it’s ok when it’s not – it’ll let people know that what they did to you was fine (just thank them for apologising)
- Travel and study overseas
- Don’t accept double standards
- Don’t rely on others to determine your own happiness, confidence or self worth
- Do what makes you happy even if others might not think it’s the right thing to do
- Don’t stay with someone just for the sake of being with someone/not being alone
- Be completely comfortable with yourself before beginning a relationship – be with someone only to add to your life, not complete you
- Positive thinking is so important – it can change your life
- Surround yourself with people that encourage your natural self and support you
- Stand your ground, even if it is with someone ‘above’ you eg. teachers, bosses
- Enjoy the now, don’t just plan for the future
I have so much more to learn and experience – I can’t wait for what comes next!
3 thoughts on “21 Things I’ve Learnt By 21”
Love this list, and your blog !!! ❤
How fun. Can’t wait to see what things you’ll learn in the next 21 years.
happy birthday!! I hope you had a really enjoyable birthday with your family and friends filled with a lot of fun and love! I love all the things you’ve learned and I especially can’t agree with you more on #9,#18 and #19! Thanks for the post beautiful!